Wednesday, August 27, 2008

He's Gone

It is with mixed emotions that I write this post, Cooper has finally flown the coop (i couldn't resist) We've had drama with the bus situation... he now rides his bike with 2 friends to a new bus stop. He didn't get any new clothes, if fact this might be the same shirt he wore on the first day , last year! I am waiting for the stores to get restocked-I of course waited until the last moment and couldn't find anything decent. I will admit that I missed him yesterday, and thought to myself how I could ever have been annoyed with him or tired of his questions. It is much easier to be a calm loving mom when you don't see them for most of the day. I will also admit that I cried when I sent him on the bus yesterday. I realized that I had squandered my time with him and focused on getting out of my hair so much that I don't know if I taught him the important things. I felt much better when he came home and told me he missed me and had wanted to come home early. I guess I'm not as bad of a mom as I think.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are all growing up so fast, my kids won't have anyone to play with but they sure will have a lot of babysitters! Cooper should be the smartest person in class with all the questions he is asking all the time.

Lindsay said...

What a cute little student!!!

Jason and Kristin said...

Flew the coop. That's hilarious!! If it makes you feel any better I went school shopping a little too late too.

Heather said...

Hey Tiff!
I found you through Amber's blog.. through Tami's blog, etc.!

you look so great and your kids are all grown up! it's crazy.

You have a beautiful new home! Are you still in Lehi? I used to get regular updates from your mother-in-law, but since she is obviously not around I don't get them anymore.

I do get updates from time to time on her now though through employee council at work :)

anyhoo. I'm glad you're doing so great!

I have a blog too if you ever want to stop by.. it's brand new as of three days ago so it doesn't have a whole lot right now.. but it's kandhtown.blogspot.com

see you!

Chelsea said...

Flew the coop!! I didn't see that one coming. He sure is getting big! You are not a bad mom!!!