Wednesday, July 21, 2010

1400 feet/ 2 miles

Since Tiffany has stopped making comments I though I would use her blog. The other day I was sitting doing nothing and wondering what I did all the time growing up. I didn't have a nintedo DS or even any computer games. It seems like I was always doing something. It seems like my kids are always telling me they are bored. So I decided to do what my dad did every year with us boys. One of the many camp outs we went on one of them was close to our home and was easy to get to.
Pittsburgh Lake. It is about 20 miles from our house. It feels like a lot more because 6 of the 20 are dirt/rock(big rocks) roads. Once you get to the trail head it is about two miles straight up. In the two miles the elevation changes 1400 feet. Cooper was fired up and ready to go. The pack he had on didn't last very long.
My Dad and Brother Jake went with us. One because I didn't remember exactly where I was going and second I needed somebody else there so that Cooper could ask questions too.



It's a good thing we took our dinner because we would have starved eating these fish. Cooper caught about ten fish all by himself. I only caught a few because I was too busy taking his fish off and putting new bait on and untangling snags and tying new hooks on that were lost and I now remember why I love to fish because there is soooo much action.


We had just enough time to take a photo.



Cooper was so tired he fell asleep in the car ride home. He didn't even want to wash his face.




3 comments:

ashleyboice said...

Todd you are such a good dad and I love it when you post. Looks like a lot of fun. Cooper does ask TONS of questions...hahahaa.

Kristi said...

Ahh...Pittsburgh Lake, one of my most favorite places in the whole world. It's a beast to get to, but so worth it once you're there. Looks like you had fun!

Melissa B. said...

Looks like a fun dad outing. see u next time you are in moses!