Monday, April 28, 2008

My Love

Today is Todd's 34th birthday. Yesterday, Cooper asked him if he got to stay home from work today because it was his birthday. This morning coop came up to me and asked if HE could stay home from school today because it was dad's b-day. Sorry kid! The kids have been very excited and keep wondering when the party is-sorry kids no party, then they suggested we throw a surprise party-I told them they could stand at the door and yell "surprise." cooper wanted to have a treasure hunt that led Todd to the cake. they settled with making signs to tape to the front window. When I talked to Todd this morning on the phone he said he was hoping he'd wake up and I'd have breakfast in bed for him. I replied that he needs to give up the dream because every year he's going to start his day out disappointed. "i know" he said, " I just keep hoping its going to be this year" For those of you who dont know me very well I DONT LIKE GETTING UP IN THE MORNING!
Now for the mushy part:
T-takes care of everyone around him
O-operates every kind of tool or machine like a pro
D-doesn't fight back when I start to get really bossy, lets me have my way
D-DANG GOOD LOOKING!
He is the best thing that ever happened to me. I was told in a blessing that I would know it when I met the man I was to marry, and that's exactly what happened. The first time I met him I just knew he was ''the One" After a few weeks of dating I was wondering why he hadn't purposed yet?! I am so excited that I get to spend eternity with him. He definitely completes me. I love you Todd.

this is how todd spent his birthday weekend-working. He tilled the garden and planted the spring veggies and flowers


He and Meg washed his truck.

5 comments:

amber said...

Is Todd going to cry in his pillow tonight because Sean did'nt call and wish him a happy birthday? Anyways I'm glad you found someone who will put up with you.

kim dance said...

I can't believe you didn't get up at 6:00 am and make him homemade cinnamon rolls before work!
Ha!

::lindsay said...

How funny Cooper wanted to stay home from school for Dad's birthday. I could totally see Carson asking the same thing.

Here's what you do next year: put a box of cereal by his nightstand the night before his birthday.

Carrie said...

Happy late birthday, Todd! Now you're as OLD as I am!!!
~Carrie

cort said...

Todd is so rad, I feel bad that I didn't get him something for his birthday this year. Maybe Ash can make him a little somethin' somethin.