Tuesday, September 2, 2008

She's gone (well, for only part of the day)



meg had her first dad of school today. I've decided it's not a good idea to start after a holiday weekend because the kids got to bed at unseemly hours-therefore making them very irritable! I walked her and Coop to the bus stop and off she went-no fuss no crying-off without a hitch. With meg, nothing comes that easy. In the afternoon, after waiting at the bus stop for 30 min. a woman comes by and tells the group of us there that the buses haven't shown up at the school yet and the kindergardeners are sitting outside waiting . I decide to wait a few minutes more to see if they come but nothing. I ran home with the kids in the stroller (stopping 3 or 4 times to catch my breath, and then finally walking the last bit) got the kids in the car and drive to the school. She and a few others are still sitting there waiting. As I got out to get her I thought she was sad because she was left, but no she didn't want to go with me, she wanted to stay and go on the bus (still no bus had shown up) Her teacher tried talking to her, I threatened her (my usual tactic) and finally crying, she got in the van. This soured her mood because apparently school was boring, dumb, and she didn't get a long recess. All the girl wanted was a bus ride home -is that too much to ask for?

6 comments:

amber said...

by the way, your kids "before school pictures" look like mug shots.

::lindsay said...

Ha! Kids are so funny. Hopefully the bus took her home today. Then I'll bet school was absolutely terrific!

The Lower Family said...

She is sooo big! Your little roxy is also so big. That is way nice that they both can ride the bus!

Jason and Kristin said...

That kills me that she loved the bus so much...oh, and that you had to stop and catch your breath :)

Lindsay said...

Meg...She is so determened.

Chelsea said...

There's the Meg we know and love! She is getting so big!