Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A dinner conversation

This overheard at dinner tonight. Please note we were eating a soup with tomatoes in it.
Cooper-"I don't like the potatoes"
Meg-"they aren't potatoes they are moatoes"
Cooper-"no potatoes!"
Meg-"moatoes!!"
Cooper-"Potatoes!!!"
Meg -"they are called moatoes!!!!"
Where have I gone wrong, as a mother, that my 7 and 5 year old still can't say the word tomatoes?!!! Somebody pour this pot of soup over my head and put me out of my misery.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

hahahahaha!!!!!

Celly said...

It must be a Merrell thing--because the words mazageen, safet, and hallowing are still words my 7 year old says. Not to mention the fact that Darren quite often corrects my own english.

Brooke said...

We're having moatoe soup for dinner tonight:).

Brooke said...

jonah and ezra still call the elevator "the alligator" and Jonah is going to baptized in February!

Chelsea said...

Oh! That was funny! I don't think you've gone wrong I think it's just kids.