Tuesday, October 19, 2010

wyoming

This year for the Merrell Family reunion we went to Wyoming. I know what you are thinking why would anyone go to Wyoming for a reunion. It is because Sean and I had strategically planned it. First we drew a Wyoming deer and antelope tag. Both hunts overlapped each other so we planned to spend the first part of October there. Then Sean found a wonderful place to stay through one of his friend from Moses Lake. Morgan Heaps in laws have a house that they rent out to people interested in working on a cattle ranch. So Sean rented the house and invited everyone to come. What an idea. We can hunt and our wives can spend time with all of their family. (we didn't factor into taking care of the kids) That was our mistake. Next time we need to find somebody that wants to take care of all the kids. Any one interested?
This is a picture of Seans deer and most of the kids that were there. Its hard to believe that all these kids come from only three of the five Merrell Girls. There is 14 in all. Wow it is sure hard to have a good time when we all get together because at all times at least one is crying or stinky. In Wyoming it was wonderful because it seemed like there was so much room for all the kids to go.

Sean and I went antelope hunting It was a success. I didn't put a picture of Sean's because it was bigger. This is the way to hunt. Drive around in an air conditioned truck find the antelope and if you don't like what you see in the first spot. Drive two more minutes until you find another group and try to find the one you like. After you decide on which to shoot the hunt is on. I shot this one at 180 yards. Sean was about one mile away in my truck pushing them my way. I was waiting for them to make it too me without them smelling or spotting me. They can see for miles and can smell that far as well.


3 comments:

cort said...

Oh man, my heart is sore thinking about how awesome that trip would have been. Next year I will watch all of the kids for you so you guys can enjoy it better.

You have to be warned that I may ditch the kids at any point....but the fact is, I am willing:)

Nice bucks!

Pepper said...

The thing that cracks me up is I read most of this post in Tiff's voice thinking she wrote it. Even the "We can hunt.." part. It wasn't until the next words, "and our wives..." that I realized it was you Todd.

amber said...

Those kids look like a bunch of hill billies, maybe we should quit buying deer tags and buy them some clothes.