Saturday, May 10, 2008

My loot

Today was a great day for garage sales! I ran out of money and had to borrow from cooper's wallet. I hit a great sale that had tons of kids toys-good classic ones in great shape and already in containers. My favorite was a wooden doll house and a box full of wooden furniture! so many cute accessories. I got a ton of picture frames (one of the things on my "list") a nice umbrella stroller and some cute vinyl sticker sayings for only $1. they say "my spirit was born in the courts on high, a child of God, a princess am I" and "in every little boy lies a king." I had never heard those before! I'll be riding my garage sale "high" for the rest of the day. Tune in next week for more treasures.
Yesterday, Meg got her Kindergarten shots!!!! All through the week I tried to prepare her for what it would feel like by giving her pinches. I know that sounds mean but she would ask me " mom what's it going to feel like again?" I told her I wouldn't hurt much more than that. Well, apparently 5 shots in the arm does hurt more than a few pinches. She was very brave and only started crying after the first 2. She asked me not to tell Cooper she cried-he didn't cry through his- but she ended up telling him anyway. I read once that redheads are more sensitive to pain, I'm starting to believe it, she cried and complained all night about her shots hurting. Just a few minutes ago she declared that they didn't hurt anymore. In weight Meg was in the 21% and in height she was 11% Yikes, she's smaller than I thought

2 comments:

amber said...

not so great day for me, although I did get an electric knife sharpener (for free) and a play horse, always next week though.

::lindsay said...

Fun stuff! I need to go to garage sales. I'm usually too lazy to go, but when I do, I always get good stuff.