Prayers are answered!! I've been trying to do an overhaul on my food storage and really wanted to do lots of pears and peaches this year, so I've been praying that we'd find ways to increase our food storage. My bro-in-law mentioned that his parents have tons of peaches, so we've been bugging him to get them. Yesterday, my b-i-l called and said his parent's neighbor had peaches falling off of the trees and we could come get them. todd shows up later with 3 boxes of peaches!!! Our problem is, we don't have enough bottles!! Last night Todd and I bottled 38 jars, I have peach fruit leather drying, and trays of sliced peaches freezing. We still have 1 1/2 boxes left!!!! 
Todd knows way more about canning than I do, I would never attempt this without him. When I had to lift the jars out of the pot (he had ran to the store for more lids) my arms were shaking, steam was melting my skin, and I just prayed that my overtired muscles (kickboxing that morning) would make it to the table.
We set up our camp stove on the deck so we could use more burners on our stove and not overheat the house-quite ingenious!
I had heard rustling downstairs while we were canning and figured it was roxy (its always roxy) later we heard crying, we went downstairs and this is what we found-roxy had fallen asleep on the first step!!
4 comments:
Peaches!!! I did that with my moms peaches. Its nice be alot of work. Good job.
Impressive Tiff! Sometimes I wonder if I could ever be so domestic.
You are out of control!! The only thing I've canned is salsa and I do love the "pop" it gives me warm fuzzies and the hope that all my work wasn't in vain.
Matt and Todd must have come from the same mom!! Matt finally had to pickle and bottle the banana peppers because I was too chicken to try myself. What great husbands!
Post a Comment