Chicken Chowder
1 small onion (saute in 1 Tbsp butter)
3 c. chicken broth
3 medium carrots, chopped
2 medium potatoes, cubed
2 c. cubed chicken
1 c. milk
1/4 c. flour
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper
1 8oz. cream cheese ( I used half)
Saute onion in butter. Add chicken broth, carrots, potatoes, and cook till tender. Add chicken, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir flour into the milk and add to thicken. Boil till thick. Add cream cheese and stir till it's all melted. Sorry No cooking demo with this one!!!
6 comments:
sounds delicious! I just listened to that talk by Sheri Dew. I really liked it, thanks for suggesting it.
Yum! I'm totally going to try this. Maybe my Ethiopians will like it as well.
YUM! I wrote the recipe down and am determined to try it...Taun loves chowder but I hate clams so I never make it. Maybe this one will be one that we both love.
I tagged you so look on my blog for the rules.
Ha!! You're Ethiopians!! That is funny! I'll try this too.
Sounds yummy and easy! I can't wait to try it! I'm glad to know that my kids aren't the only ones who won't eat most of the stuff their mom makes for them!
You totally crack me up every single time! um and do you have the recipe for the bread bowls, too?
Post a Comment