Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

We usually do our pumpkin carving at the beginning of the month and by the time Halloween rolls around we have rotting, molding pumpkin carcasses on our front porch. This year, due to unusual busyness, we only got to it this week. By tradition I am the face drawer, with aid from the kids, and the scooper outer. Todd is the cutter (I tried one year and discovered I am neither strong enough or skilled enough with a sharp knife to take over this duty).


We ended the night with a smores roast in our fire pit (still a work in progress). A perfect ending to a non crying, fighting, or whining family home evening.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Way to go on the no whining, no crying, etc. FHE! And good thinking carving the pumpkins outside! My kitchen is still a disaster!

amber said...

Todd, is that my shirt? I want it back.
Sean
ps I left town with your long johns on. I dont think you want them back.

Chelsea said...

They look good and I can't believe how big ALL of your kids are getting!