Friday, October 10, 2008

The dreaded Yellow plate

I haven't had any good material to blog about in the last few days, but today is full of good stuff-where do I begin... I was cooking the requested lunch of chicken nuggets and applesauce when Meg notices the plates that they are on. One is pink and one is yellow. A cry of outrage erupts, "I want the blue plate, not the yellow plate, yellow is a baby color! This is followed by dramatic exit, running out of the room, stumbling and falling as she goes. Not 2 minutes later Roxy sat at the table crying because I accidentally put ketchup instead of ranch on her pink plate, therefore, she'd have to have the yellow plate. I thought I had recorded her fit, but I guess it didn't work-too bad. the phrase"you get what you get and you don't throw a fit" doesn't mean much in this household.


Meg also brought home her class shirt, we looked for her face and this is what we found.


In cooper's class the kids got to draw their own self portraits, Meg doesn't remember drawing this either way its pretty funny-my kids do have crazy front teeth.

7 comments:

amber said...

you should have put a warning on the volume- mine was accidently up full blast!! That Meg can knock your socks with her scream. just a typical day with the davis's.

Brooke said...

Okay, Tiff--Meg's self-portrait is awesome! I have been laughing for 5 minutes straight. Everytime I think I have it under control, a giggle spasm leaks out and I lose it again. Thanks for making my night! I am now going to end this comment so I can go back to your blog and look at Meg's portrait again.

Teri said...

Meg's teeth in the self portrait are awesome! They don't quite look like that in real life. That is a great idea to do for class t shirts. And happy belated birthday! We miss you guys!

Cali said...

Tif, your blog is hilarious. I am glad you are documenting the tantrum and not just the cute stuff. Someday, when Meg is complaining to you about her kids, you can truly show her that you "get it".

::lindsay said...

What is it with kids having to have a certain colored plate! We go through this time and again over here too. The best is when Kaiya wants a pink plate, which I give her, and then she wails, "Not the light pink plate! I wanted the hot pink plate!" Seriously...couldn't she be happy the plate was at least in the pink family!

That picture on the t-shirt made me laugh too. What a funny girl that Meg is!

Melissa B. said...

What is it with kids and dinner ware, Campbell is so picky about needing a certain utensil or plate. She will only eat with a grapefruit spoon and the green plates!

jenicaheslop said...

i hate the colored plates i get from walmart, we have the same problem at our house! the only suggestion I have for the both of us is WHITE corelle wear!