Monday, October 20, 2008

welcome home elder and sister davis

Todd's parent's returned from their mission on the Navajo Reservation last Thursday. We finished the remodel 30 minutes before they drove in. Yes, we decided to remodel their kitchen and most of the rest of the upstairs 5 weeks ago!! We completely gutted their early 80's kitchen. I'm so sad that I don't have "before" pictures, try to imagine dark, dark, cabinets, drop ceiling, florescent lighting, hanging cabinets over the bar, original oven, no storage. We had the first floor repainted, recarpeted, new furniture, rearranged pictures and replaced all the lighting and added tons of canned lights in the kitchen and living room. Gayla, Pam, and Jake did most of the work- and it turned out sooooo good. We blindfolded them and brought them in-did I mention it was a surprise. They loved it. It is so good to see them, it feels like they were never gone now. they are incredible in-laws and hopefully they missed our kids so much they are ready to do a lot of babysitting!! j/j

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh wow! That is so lovely! You guys did a fabulous job, really. I want that kitchen. Say hi to Gayle and Lorraine for me!

Pepper said...

I seriously can not believe it! Having seen the before in person, I am in utter awe. You guys are amazing.

Andrea said...

Good job guys! It looks fantastic! I didn't even recognize the kitchen. Now I need to talk my parents into doing that.

Jason and Kristin said...

That's awesome. What a nice surprise to come home to.

Melissa B. said...

Holy Cow!!! I can't believe it. You would never know it was the same place. I bet they love it!!! Good job.

Celly said...

They deserve it--they do so much for their family!! It looks so so so good!!

Chelsea said...

That looks so great! I can't imagine how surprised they were. You should have taken pictures of their faces!

The P*dunc's said...

Wow!!! It looks amazing! I need to put that on my list of "places to visit" when we come into town!

The Lower Family said...

Holy Cow! That looks so dang good. I would love to be able to do that to my parents kitchen. You guys are so nice to do that for them.